A gluten free diet DOES NOT have to be expensive or hard.
Here is how you can prepare 7 meals for your family in about 45 minutes, at the very most 1 hour.
(all the ingredients for these dinners will be at the bottom of this post)
1. Get some olive oil, GF seasonings, GF Bar BQ sauce and 7 ziplock baggies out.
2. Label each of your ziplock baggies with the name of your dinners.
3. Place your chicken (fresh or frozen will do... fresh is better, but I have done both) in each baggie.
4. Pour the olive oil into 6 of the 7 baggies.
5. Add the correct seasoning to each baggie according to the way you labeled your bags and zip up your bag.
(This is what your bags should look like at this point.)
6. Call in your kiddos (or you can do it) and have them SMOOSH!!
This is my fancy word for mixing it all together.
My kids love to do this and they feel like they are apart of our meal making process.
WORD OF CAUTION:
Make sure your bags are zipped!!!!!!
8. Fold the top of your ziplock bags and stack your dinners.
Doing this will help with freezer space.
9. Put them in your freezer.
You have 7 - Gluten Free Meals ready to take out of the freezer and bake, grill, or throw in the crockpot whenever you need them.
1. Rotisserie Chicken: 4 chicken breasts, 1/4 cup Olive Oil, 2 tablespoons of McCormick Perfect Pinch Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning
2 and 3. Lemon Pepper Chicken: 4 chicken breasts, 1/4 cup Olive Oil, 2 tablespoons of Mrs Dash Salt Free Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend (I doubled this to make 2 meals... this is excellent chicken on salads)
4. Montreal Chicken: 4 chicken breasts, 1/4 cup Olive Oil, 2 tablespoons of McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning
5. Garlic and Herb: 4 chicken breasts, 1/4 cup Olive Oil, 2 tablespoons of McCormick Perfect Pinch Garlic and Herb Salt Free Seasoning
6. Honey Dijon Chicken: 4 chicken breasts, 1/4 cup Olive Oil, 1 1/2 tablespoons of Mrs Dash Salt Free Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend, 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder, and 1/4 cup of Honey Dijon Mustard (French's Honey Dijon Mustard is GF)
7. Barbeque Chicken: 4 chicken breasts, 3/4 cup of GF barbeque sauce
1. BAKE - Thaw and bake at 350 degrees for 35 mins or until done.
2. CROCKPOT - Place frozen chicken breasts in crockpot on low for 8 hrs.