So, here is a trick on how to cut your butternut squash. I was telling my mother in law how I almost broke my wrist trying to cut it and she said to me, "bake it first." What???? My friends let me tell you, it works. It makes it so easy to cut and cook that you can eat it way more often.
1. Put your entire butternut squash on a baking pan and cook it at 350 until you can poke your finger in it and make an indention easily. Pull it out.
2. Cut the two ends off and peel it.
3. Scrape out the seeds with a spoon.
4. Dice your squash up.
5. Line a cookie sheet with foil and place your diced squash on top.
6. In a seperate cup or bowl, mix together olive oil and minced garlic (or garlic powder, I have used both.. minced is much better).
7. Drizzle your olive oil/garlic mixture over your squash and toss your squash all around to cover it.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.
This recipe was adapted from a recipe I found here.
Let me know what you think friends!!