1. Cut some thawed chicken breasts (usually three will feed all 4 of us, but Abigail doesn't eat chicken very well.).
2. Put them in a skillet and cook them with lots of ginger until they are done.
3. While they are cooking,wash your lettuce. I have used spring mixed greens lettuce, red leaf lettuce and romaine. All of them are great for this salad.
4. Slice 1 cucumber.
5. Cook one package (enough for 3 dinner salads) of Ramen Noodles. It doesn't matter what flavor, because you DON'T add the spice package. Those spices are terrible for you. Read the ingredients and you will understand. All you need is the cooked noodles!
After your noodles are cooked and your chicken is done, you are ready to make your salad. I am pretty funny when it comes to salad presentation. I get a kick out of making them taste and look good. Here is how I do it.
1. First, the lettuce.
2. Second, add the noodles on top of the lettuce.
3. Then, the cucumbers.
4. And finally, the chicken.
5. Last, but not least, it is time for the dressing. This one is SO GOOD!
(Newman's Own - Low Fat Sesame Ginger)
What is really great about this salad is that you can prepare it ahead of time and place it in the fridge until you are ready to serve later that day. Just don't add the dressing yet. It is great with hot or cold chicken. I often will prepare this during the kiddos' nap and quiet time. This way, I can have all afternoon for a park day without having to worry about coming home and preparing dinner.