I recently was nominated by a great blogging friend at Simply Helping Him of mine to recieve the The Liebster Award. Thank you so much Misty! You are a blessing to everyone who reads your blog!!
I think I am suppose to share eleven things about myself, so here I go...
1. I was born and raised in Oklahoma and yes, I still live there!! Go OU!!
2. I met my husband by walking up to him and asking, "Do I know you from somewhere?"
3. I spent 30 days in Israel. AMAZING!!
4. I had every intention of going to medical school. I took the MCAT and on my way to my last class, the Lord spoke to my heart and said, "give it all up, it isn't of me." And I did, I have never looked back.
5. I homeschool my kiddos, something I said I would NEVER do.
6. I love baking and eating what I bake. YUM!
7. Dr Pepper and Coffee are my weakness.
8. add a Snickers to that Dr. Pepper and well that can make a horrible day... a good day!
9. I love my husband and can not wait to have a vacation with him, someday soon, I hope.
10. I would rather go to the Grand Canyon then to a beach.
11. My husband and I shortened our honeymoon to come home a day early to watch OU play Nebraska and it was my idea. True Story.
Now, I am suppose to answer Misty's questions for me.
Here I go again...
1. What is your #1 dream? My dream is for all to call on the Lord Jesus to be saved. For this dark world to turn their hearts to Jesus and all be made new and whole again.
2.What is your favorite scripture? Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and He shall give you the desires of your heart."
3. What is the 1 thing you will change in 2013? My trust in Jesus, I hope. I pray I continue to trust in him more and more and stop questioning what His plans are and how He chooses to make things happen. Just trust.
4. What would you tell yourself at 16? Wow! That is a hard one Misty! Okay, I would tell myself, it is okay. You are beautiful just as you are even with all of those scars and wounds. Soon, you will meet your Redeemer and you will be made whole again. That emptiness you feel right now will be filled... I promise.
5. Where would you live if you could choose anywhere? Colorado... in the mountains.
6. What is your favorite movie? I love Marley and Me. So much of it, I relate to. I remember watching it and my husband and I saying to ourselves, "oh, we are normal!"
7. What is your favorite Bible story and why? the is easy... the sinful woman at Jesus' feet in Luke 7:36-50. As Jesus is at the table eating with the Pharisees, the woman stands behind Him weeping. She begins to wet His feet with her tears and she bends down and wipes them with her hair, kisses His feet and pours perfume on them. The Pharisees began to talk of how sinful she is and Jesus says, "for those who have been forgiven little, love little... but, for those you have been forgiven of much, love much." He then tells the woman that her sins have been forgiven and that her faith has saved her and she can leave in peace. Why? This is my story. I am the sinful woman. I have been forgiven of so much and because of the grace God is given me to have faith in Him, I am saved. I live and go everyday in peace.
8. What is your favorite ice cream? Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
9. Do you have a blog mission statement? If so, what is it?
10. What is the best advice you have ever received? By my husband, "Pain is inevitable. I can either choose to walk with Jesus in my pain or without Him. What am I going to do?" ... that one has stuck with me, through alot of painful things in my life.
11. What is your favorite color? Brown, yep that is right... just brown.
Now, I get to nominate some of my favorite blogs for this same award and ask them questions.
Here are my picks...
Their questions are...
1. Who do you admire the most?
2. What is the book of the Bible that speaks to you the most and why?
3. What is your favorite part of Christmas?
4. How long have you been married?
5. Where did you meet your husband?
6. What is your favorite worship song?
7. Who is your hero?
8. What is your most favorite dessert to eat?
9. What is one of your weaknesses that you notice alot?
10. Where would you live if you could live anywhere in the world?
11.What is the most interesting job you have ever had?
Okay, I think I did it. Thanks Misty again!!!